Sunday, October 26, 2008

News News and more News

So alot of you know some of these things but the past couple weeks have been kinda busy and crazy. A little over 2 weeks ago I was in an accident in Lexi. I am ok - got a little banged up and bruised but I am ok and all healed now. I was driving on Slaughter one night and a car was coming at me head one just before our subdivision. To avoid hitting him/her head on I went off the road. If any of you know Slaughter Rd. it is mainly ditches on the sides, so I went into a ditch (someone's front yard). Hit a mailbox and some other things ending in a cement wall. The airbag deployed, lots of damage to the under carriage of the car, the front end had a lot of damage and my windshield was broken. Needless to say Lexi was totalled :( The other person never stopped so that wasn't too good. We filed everything under our insurance and are pretty much done with the settlement for the total loss.
So......last week Anthony and I drove to Birmingham and we bought a new and improved Lexi :) We bought an 06' GS 430. Just what old Lexi was but newer body style, lots of awesome features and she is black. I will take some pics and add them for everyone to see. Anthony cleaned her up today so she'll be nice and shiny tomorrow for pics :)
Another exciting yet stressful event this week was a new job offer for me. Most of you know I have been with Brown International just over 2 years and have loved it! I love what I do, love the people and I have been extremely dedicated to my position with the company. Well, out of the blue a friend of mine referred me to Sage Systems for their Procurement and Logistics Manager position. I agreed to go in and talk with the Director and interview for the position. The next day, I was offered the job. They are a sub contractor for a very large Nasa Protective Services Contract. I am very excited to take the position, although it will be tough to leave Brown and everything I have there. I turned in my resignation Thursday and will end there on 11/7. I start with Sage on 11/10.
Everyone at Brown and other friends I have made through Brown are very happy for me and have been extremely supportive in my decision. I will miss everyone (on a daily basis) there but am very happy to say I have made some awesome friendships there that will last forever, so I'll still be seeing them alot.
Medical Note: Dr. took me off dairy free diet - yay! Going to see a Gastro Dr. Monday at 9. He will then set up any testing I need to have done. I'll keep you all upated. Thanks for all of your support and prayers throught this already!!
Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

K! I had no idea! So glad you are OK, and can't wait to see the new ride.